Featured Post

To the Team

This post will be updated weekly with prayer request. To those of you that have fought on the front lines in prayer for myself, my ministry ...

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Missions: Uganda... T-1 week until landing

I will be in Uganda in one week! It still is so surreal that I am actually going. To be honest I feel like I am going to another world, but I know that when I get there God will show me how the people and children of Uganda are made in the likeness of him just as I am... but for now it is another World, another people. 

I went home for a week at thanksgiving and had a wonderful time with family and a few friends. It was great to step back from the craziness of school and to rebalance my priorities. Coming back in the last week we have 3 finals and a project. I know that seems like a lot, and I feel a little overwhelmed with everything I have to do before leaving on the trip, but looking at it I realized how much worse it could have been. We took 3 finals before leaving for thanksgiving break that could have been scheduled for this week as well. With that being said I also have to get my immunizations, buy luggage, and come up with and buy materials for activities with the kids. It is overwhelming, but God has quietly reminded me on a daily basis that this is not my plan or my idea, this is a desire HE put in my heart and that HE loves giving me the desires of my heart as I trust in HIM. Watching this semester as he laid everything out for this trip I have so much confidence in what he is doing, but as the to-do list piles up and does not get checked off like I plan it is so easy to quickly forget. But I know these are the steps he has asked my to take so as I finish this last week I work hard, press on, and rely on HIM to do more with one life, with my life then I could ever dream possible!

Do not fret because of those who are evil
or be envious of those who do wrong;
for like the grass they will soon wither,
like green plants they will soon die away.
Trust in the Lord and do good;
dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
Take delight in the Lord,
and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the Lord;
trust in him and he will do this:
He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn,
your vindication like the noonday sun.

Psalm 37:1-6


No comments:

Post a Comment