Featured Post

To the Team

This post will be updated weekly with prayer request. To those of you that have fought on the front lines in prayer for myself, my ministry ...

Friday, October 12, 2012

Live Foolishly

Hey everyone. This is just my blog to share my feelings. When I write in my journal, it is like I am talking to God, but sometimes I want to talk to someone. The first thing that inspired me to start this blog was reading Kisses from Katie (highly suggest reading this book, but you WILL cry) and just all the different things I have felt God tell me that I think may help someone else or myself in the future. My dream is to start an Orphanage, that is all the details I know right now. But I hope that as I embark on my Journey to impact and change this world for the purpose of sharing the love of Christ that this blog will capture how God is molding and changing me.

 "Brothers and sisters, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before him. It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. Therefore, as it is written: “Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord.”
1 Corinthians: 26-31

World changers come in many different types. Some are evangelist, world missionaries, and pastors. Others are intercessors, local missionaries, listeners, givers, and just in general lovers (you can be many of these). But don't decide that you are one because that is where you are comfortable. Continually look to make sure you are on the same trail as God. And remember he even knows what lies ahead on paths that had not been made yet.

Some say "your crazy," as us crazies embark on the next phase of life doing something that they would never dare do. Well you are crazy, your odd to hear and obey God. To trust that he will provide even when it all seems so unlikely around you. But guess what, I think they would have called Jesus, even God the Father crazy with a capitol C.

Just imagine for a minute... God is at school, church, the grocery school, or his best friends. They ask "Hey what have you been up to lately?" He replies "Coming up with a plan to allow my only son to be brutally beaten and killed in order to save you and the rest of the world." Now does what he called you to do seem so crazy? If they tell you it is not safe let me assure you that in obedience to God you are much safer physically, economically, and definitely spiritually. Remember Jonah? Yeah keep running from what you know God is calling you to do, God will eventually win. If he has prepared a work for you, what everyone else says really doesn't effect what he does (that is reassuring in itself:).) Now this doesn't mean that you and everyone you love will be healthy and safe nor does it mean you will be rich, but it does mean that in all circumstances he will provide for you in the way which he knows is best for you. I am currently reading a book called No Greater Love (another book about orphans) and this is an excerpt from it that I though was just so perfect to describe where we should seek to be with our Lord, Lover, Savior, and Provider.

"This was the deepest darkest place we'd ever been together and yet, strangely, 
at the same time it was one of the most beautiful places we had ever been.
 We were at that sacred place of human weakness, where we recognized
 that our abilities were not enough. We had no choice but to trust God." 
Levi Benkert, No Greater Love. Pg 52

So do it. Do not be afraid to go out there and Live Foolishly. Live without a safety net. Live daring to trust that God will provide. This does not mean to be lazy, to sit there and expect God to move. He waits patiently for us to run into his arms. We have to go to him in prayer and in action. God does not move, his plan is to be constant and to send us out to mobilize his word and his LOVE! As Jesus left he asked Peter three times if he loved him, Peter replied "yes" and Jesus just said "feed my sheep." Thats it, take care of those who Jesus came to lead. If you do that and persistently seek the Lord through Prayer and the Word you will be in the will of the Lord, and you will be given heavenly blessings (which does not always look like earthly blessing).

Here is the video where the name of this blog came from. Just a bunch of foolish people.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXvBI5fdFaA

Live Foolishly,
Rachel Woodson

No comments:

Post a Comment